"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. but there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
What does it mean to release the familiar and embrace the new? I've had the picture above as my Facebook profile picture for at least a year. For the past few days, I have been thinking quite a bit about Alan Cohen's quote. Let's break this down some today.
We don't like change. Why is that? Fear I suppose. Fear of the "what if." It takes courage and strength to step out of the box.
"But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful."
This simple statement was really powerful to me! When I think back to the times that I stepped into my power because I recognized my situation was no longer fulfilling the bigger vision...when I recognized I was holding myself back.
Where are you holding yourself back?
- in your mindset?
- your business systems?
- by putting business before lifestyle?
- by not being fully "you"?
"There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
I have had a number of days in my life where I chose change and adventure:
- The day I decided to leave my job. When my son was still in diapers I decided to walk away from my six-figure corporate job that I had loved for years. It no longer fit who I was. Since they had gone public, my ethics were challenged daily. I literally could not go on living in that life and still feel authentically connected to who I was and what I wanted my young son to learn about how to be in life. My family and friends thought I was crazy for leaving. We sold our home and moved too! I've never looked back. I love the life we have created now. A life that lets me work with amazingly brilliant people every day and enjoy personal time too.
- The day I chose to invest in me. I've had a few different days that could have that title. I clearly remember the first time I chose to invest in me and I clicked the pay button on a $2,500 group coaching program. That was many years ago and I have invested way more than that in other programs since, but that first step was huge for me. It was that step that helped me break free and really expand my business through knowledge and meet great connections.
- The day I decided to double my fees. That day, Kevin Nations told me to double my fees. What? That seemed like crazy talk, but I did it and I was amazed at the result. I actually got more clients. To top it off, they were better clients. Today, I have a number of different program offerings. Clients that are ready to invest in themselves and their transformations pay up to $25,000 and beyond to work with me in my private programs.
- The day I chose self-care. As a woman, it is so easy to take care of everyone else and let our own self-care slip. That was me until I was told that I was dying. BOOM. Perspective drastically changes. I had a choice. I could keep doing what I was doing, or I could make some drastic changes in my life. I chose to change. Today, self-care is a daily component of what I do.
- The day I decided to stop limiting myself. I'm a multi-talented person. I'm not saying that to boast. In fact, for a long time I looked at it as a curse instead of a blessing. I tried hard to fit myself into the boxes that various coaches tried to put me in. This past year I let that all go. I'm me -- fully me. If you've been reading my blog for a while you have probably seen that change emerge, because I write about a number of things now that I would not have "fit" into the other box. I've found that I enjoy bringing my different talents to the table with my clients. It adds excitement and adventure to the work we do and the transformations are much more powerful and complete.
How are you stretching yourself? How I've allowed myself to grow
taking on the 30 day challenge
increasing my fees and really charging what I'm worth where my clients pay me up to $25,000 and beyond
investing in me
what did it take to do that?
Are you growing or dying on the vine
are you stagnating in your business
I choose growth
not only grow in my business but personally too- See more at: http://www.typepad.com/site/blogs/6a00e54f975b5b883300e54f975b5e8833/compose/preview/post#sthash.9VaRxSuf.dpuf
I've just listed a few of my change choices above. When I think back to all of the different choices I have made in my life and my business, it is the times that I have stretched myself that have resulted in the biggest leaps of significance.
How are you stretching yourself?
Are you growing or dying on the vine?
I choose growth, not only grow in my business but personally too!
Are you ready? If you are on the verge of leaping to that next level of success and you know that not only is your business holding you back because it is not leveraged but you know you cannot grow without compromising your time or life, then I invite you to apply for a strategy session.
To apply, simply send me a message that you are interested and I will send you the intake application.
I've had clients tell me that they had a breakthrough even before we met on the phone!
Get Your Message Out!
Live Fully -- Love Openly -- Speak Your Truth -- Leverage Your Brilliance -- Serve with Impact -- Prosper Everyday